Even in a market where the supply of experienced truckers far
outweighs the demand for their services, there are companies, like
Kool Pak that are able to constantly recruit top drivers for their
teams. Melanie Ness and Wade Palmer of Kool Pak join Recruit and
Retain: Trucking Edition to discuss their unique style and why it
is working for them.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- The strengths and weaknesses of recruiting and keeping top
local drivers in large metropolitan areas.
- The unique challenges that local drivers may face that
sometimes negate the benefit of being home every night.
- Struggles trucking companies, like Kool Pak face, when
attempting to recruit drivers for less than optimal driving
- How Kool Pak is addressing these challenges in the midst of a
driver shortage to recruit and keep top drivers.
- The unique position Kool Pak takes on driver recruitment and
retention that sets them apart from other trucking companies.
- Areas where Kool Pak is winning by keeping drivers engaged and
active within their organizations.
- The Richard Kelly Leadership Award. What it is and why it is so
coveted among Kool Pak Drivers.
- How Kool Pak rewards drivers who meet their high standards for
- Which award Kool Pak offers that is the most coveted award
among drivers and why it is so valuable to the drivers.
- The importance of making drivers FEEL appreciated and how Kool
Pak goes out of their way to make sure their drivers understand