Mar 28, 2018
Julian Beron is the recruiting and retention manager for PGT
Trucking. Founded in 1981, PGT has just shy of 1000 trucks across
the United States and Julian helps make sure those trucks have the
drivers they need.
His background in sales and retail play a surprising role in how he
views driver recruitment and retention with the goal of treating
drivers more like customers. And this isn’t lip service, as Julian
describes, PGT uses their sales team, CRMs and active listening
tools with their drivers the way most organizations do with
customers, and the results speak for themselves.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- What does being a driver-centric company really mean and
methods to be more driver-centric.
- How to make sure feedback doesn’t fall on deaf ears and instead
show drivers progress based on their feedback.
- Giving your drivers a voice can have a huge impact on your
drivers and your retention.
- How to transform your sales team into a tool for driver
- Are you selling your drivers a dream or challenging them to see
why they want to be a driver in the first place?
- How you can use predictive indexing to make sure you have
drivers on the right runs and with the right fleet manager.
- What sort of recruiting mix to use from referral programs and
rehire campaigns to social media and ad spends.
- How to make active listening part of your driver hiring and